Asia Civil was awarded a supply contract to fabricate and ship specialist components for this highway upgrade contract being undertaken in Papua New Guinea. Sponsored by Asia Development Bank, this project was being delivered to strict Australian specifications.
The project scope involved the fabrication of fourteen bridges, for which Asia Civil provided procurement solutions for fabrication and supply of all structural steel work, bearings, expansion joints (for bridge movement) and gabion baskets for slope stabilization.
Asia Civil undertook the manufacture of the expansion joints and gabions in Malaysia and China respectively and managed the load out and shipment to the project’s nominated port in a remote area of Papua New Guinea.
• Project Designer – Chodai Consulting Engineers & Planners (Japan)
• Over 225 metres of Expansion Joints manufactured for roads and walkways (2 – 16m width)
• 24,000 Gabion Baskets manufactured
• Shipping undertaken to Port Lae, Papua New Guinea
• Testing reports undertaken in China by SGS
• Product inspections undertaken by Bureau Veritas