Asia Civil’s management team, through a Pan United Corporation construction vehicle wholly managed the development, on a turnkey basis, of Raffles Cement’s new 25,000t cement storage facility. The role included management of engineering, authority approvals, procurement, construction, completion and all commercial matters.
This non-traditional, transparent delivery model reduced the total contract value by a substantial margin compared to traditional approaches, whilst achieving outstanding safety and quality results. Our people’s “hands on” focus towards project planning, design, procurement and construction was a key element of the project’s success, allowing Raffles Cement to be the first company to commence operations on the new Jurong Port T2 Development.
Time and cost savings were achieved through our use of innovative delivery solutions/methods which capitalised on Singapore’s productivity incentive schemes, including the use of slipforming, precast concrete, offshore modular fabrication and mechanization to optimize use of foreign labour.
• Supply & Placement of 10,000 cubic metres of reinforced concrete
• Construction of 105-metres of reinforced concrete silo walls in 30-days using slipform technique
• Supply, Installation & Commissioning of cement handling equipment, instrumentation & controls
• Construction of Electrical Substation, LV consumer room & MCC room
• Construction of Control Building, Office and external works.
• Utility extensions (Telecom, Water, Sewer, Electrical)
• Supply & installation of Fire & Safety systems